Advisory Committees and Initiatives
Grand Rapids Pride Center hosts several advisory committees and educational and health initiatives designed to improve the lives of our LGBTQ community. We partner with local LGBTQ supportive businesses and other non-profits to bring quality programming free of charge.
Safe and Supported
- In this project, Grand Rapids Pride Center and Arbor Circle and The Bridge will be working collaboratively to assist and support youth and their families during the coming out process and beyond. This new collaborative approach will build on each of the project partner’s areas of expertise to provide a more holistic and efficient way for youth and their families to receive the support and care needed to prevent disconnection and homelessness. This new initiative is seamlessly incorporated into our long running Youth, Young Adult and Parents of LGBTQ Youth groups.
- Goals of the project:
- Prevent LGBT+ youth homelessness from occurring
- Increase safety for youth who are currently experiencing homelessness
- Support families of LGBT+ youth
- Increase data on the number of LGBT+ youth in Kent County who are at-risk of, or experiencing, homelessness.
Grand Rapids Pride Center and Equality Michigan are proud to announce that starting October 18th, 2016, EQMI's Department of Victim Services Advocates will hold office hours at the Pride Center!
- Grand Rapids Pride Center is Proud To Quit. Smoking Cessation resources, information and tips for our LGBTQ community.
- Under Employed? Haven't worked in a while? Dealing with transitional housing? Only have a GED? Other issues finding a great job as a member of the LGBTQ+ community? Spectrum Health and Grand Rapids Pride Center bring you a 6-class workshop focused on helping you not just find a job but start a career.
- When your work fits you, you’re more likely to find greater satisfaction and success.
- Welcome to Grand Rapids Pride Center Clothing Closet! The Clothing Closet provides clothing and personal care products free of charge to those in need. We are grateful for all of our donations and hopeful that they will make a difference in the lives of the community members we serve. The closet is open Mondays 12-5pm, Tuesday-Friday 12-7pm. We are closed Saturday and Sunday. Just stop on by, no appointment needed.
Donations: NOTE: At this time we are only accepting Business Attire, Winter Wear and Personal Hygiene Products
Gently used, clean clothing donations are accepted Monday through Friday at the center between 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. We’d like to request you call 616-458-3511 to schedule a time to drop off your donations.
- Come OUT and Join IN! Grand Rapids Pride Center hosts several social and support groups for our entire LGBTQ community. Find the ones right for you!
ADVISORY AND STANDING COMMITTEES
Our volunteer advisory committees are a collection of individuals who bring unique knowledge and skills to help guide the formal Board of Directors. Although Advisory Committees do not have formal authority of Grand Rapids Pride Center, they serve to make recommendations and/or provide key information and materials to the board of directors. Advisory Committees play an important role in providing fresh perspectives on issues suggesting innovative ways to empower and serve our entire LGBTQ community.
Trans and Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC) Advisory Committee
Grand Rapids Pride Center is proud to introduce our Trans and Gender non-Conforming Advisory Committee, TGNC for short. Chaired by Rhian Williams from our Board of Directors and a community Co-Chair, TGNC will advise our Board of Directors on matters important to our Trans community. The committee will also identify opportunities we can take to improve lives and celebrate the Trans community. If you'd like to be considered for a position on the committee, please click the link below.
Grand Rapids Pride Festival Committee
The Grand Rapids Pride Festival Committee works year round to bring our community the celebration we deserve. Always keeping in mind Grand Rapids Pride Center's mission statement: "Empowering our LGBTQ community through supportive services and awareness." The festival, while a great party and visible show of our pride, also serves as the main fundraiser for our community center. Now in its 28th year of serving our Grand Rapids LGBTQ community!
At this time the Pride Committee has selected all of its 2016 leadership team. If you'd like to volunteer or learn more about this years Grand Rapids Pride Festival, click HERE!
Medical Advisory Committee & Group