LGBTQ Community Education and Sensitivity Training
WHAT: The Grand Rapids Pride Center offers a comprehensive training session for your organization's leaders, staff, contractors and/or other stakeholders, to help you create and maintain a welcoming, safe and supportive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community members.
WHY: In an increasingly inclusive, global and interconnected world, it’s essential for your team to recognize and understand sexual and gender diversity, and to treat LGBTQ staff, customers and other stakeholders with sensitivity and respect.
WHERE: We will go to your Kent County location! For one-on-one sessions or small groups (5 people or less) we invite you to visit our Eastown facility.
LGBTQ CULTURAL AND SENSITIVITY TRAINING WILL GIVE YOU:
- The necessary foundation and tools to become culturally competent
- A better understanding of the benefits of creating inclusive environments
- Practical tools to reduce misunderstanding and encourage positive relationships
- Awareness and understanding of unique challenges faced by the LGBTQ community
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If you serve a customer/client population that includes lesbian, gay, transgender or queer people, your organization will benefit from displaying a clear level of recognition and respect to these audiences. That in turn will generate a higher degree of appreciation, engagement and loyalty. Whatever the purpose or mission of your organization, showing respect to your client base benefits everyone involved.
- Organization Leaders: VPs, Directors, Managers
- Front Line Staff: Customer Service Reps, Sales Staff, Care Providers
- Social Service Providers: Intake Staff, Interviewers, Social Workers
- Health Care Workers: Providers, RNs, Nursing Assistants, EMT Workers, Equipment Technicians
- Hospitality Workers: Restaurant Staff, Hotel Staff, Transportation Workers
- HR Staff: Recruiters, Employee Relations Specialists, HR Business Partners
- Any group with LGBTQ members
Tailored to your business or service, Grand Rapids Pride Center will provide a balance of structured training and discussion. We aim to create an environment that allows frank questions and conversation, challenges preconceived or institutionalized biases, and encourages internal reflection and forward-thinking action.
Our suggested donation for For-Profit organizations is $25/attendee. For Non-Profit and government agencies, $15/attendee. Call(616) 458-3511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, and to schedule your organization's LGBTQ Community Education and Sensitivity Training.
The Grand Rapids Pride Center can also assemble a panel of youth and young adults to speak about their personal experiences being a member of the LGBTQ community. If you would benefit from adding a panel to your workshop or training, please email: email@example.com Youth panels are available ONLY to non-profits serving youth, continuing education for educational professionals, or university level courses related to social work, education, psychology etc.