HELP US CONTINUE OUR MISSION
Grand Rapids Pride Center provides a safe and inclusive space for the LGBTQ community, where all are welcome and can access an ever-growing variety of programs, support services, and ways to connect. Your donation makes it possible to continue to grow and provide our community with a space all their own to come together, celebrate, heal, and dream. Grand Rapids Pride Center is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
So Far in 2016, Grand Rapids Pride Center has...
- Hosted over 200 Social & Support Groups at our Community Center with more than 2300 participants. That's a 25% increase in programs over 2016.
- In partnership with Arbor Circle we introduced the "Safe & Supported" program that contracts free onsite therapy for youth from 13-24 years of age. In 2017 we will expand this program to include family units.
- Beyond our relationship with Arbor Circle, we have partnered with:
- Spectrum Health on our LGBTQ Career Development Program
- Justice For Our Neighbors (JFON) for a free LGBTQ Immigrants Legal Counsel Clinic. In 2017 JFON will have regular office hours at the pride center once monthly!
- Equality Michigan to bring in their Department of Victim Services Advocates on a bi monthly basis
- Grand Rapids Pride Center is proud to have provided training on LGBTQ sensitivity and inclusion to over 300 mental health professionals and youth educators to a variety organizations. This year we have given quarterly presentations at Kent ISD, spoken to students in GVSU’s School of Social Work, presented at Grand Rapids Children’s Museum, School Counselors from Grand Rapids Public Schools, met with the counseling staff and students of Aquinas College, as well as many one-offs with mental health professionals in private practice.
- Produced Grand Rapids Pride Festival
- The Grand Rapids Pride Center also sits on several councils and coalitions including:
- Coalition to End Homelessness.
- LGBTQ New Arrivals Coalition
- ALPACT (Advocates And Leaders For Police And Community Trust) West Michigan Chapter
- Tobacco Free Network Coalition
And the year isn't over yet!
More great ways to support Grand Rapids Pride Center...
Beyond monetary donations, the Pride Center is also in need of support for our Safe & Supported At Risk Youth Initiative and general member services. The following is a guide and not a complete list. If you have questions of immediate needs please call 616-458-3511
- Gift Cards & Passes
- Office Depot
- Grocery and convenience stores
- Pizza & Fast Food Restaurants
- Movie passes & Fun things for youth to do
- Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware
- Personal Care Closet
- Gently worn work appropriate clothing
- Gently worn sneakers, dress shoes and boots
- New under garments
- Winter wear items (hat's, scarves, gloves, coats for all ages child to adult)
- Personal Care Items
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash (non alcohol based) dental floss
- Personal & feminine hygiene products
- Disposable safety razors
- Sunscreen and moisturizers
- hair products