2018 Grand Rapids Pride Festival FAQs
Pride Festival is a fundraiser, where do the funds go and what do they support?
- GR Pride Fest is the largest fundraising event for Grand Rapids Pride Center. The Grand Rapids Pride Center was established as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in 1988, making it the longest running LGBTQ resource center in Michigan.
- The Grand Rapids Pride Center hosts several social and supportive groups for our LGBTQ and ally communities, see more information on who Pride benefits! SOCIAL & SUPPORT GROUPS AT THE CENTER
- Pride also helps to fund our Safe & Supported Initiative, dedicated to keeping LGBTQ youth from homelessness and offering FREE therapy to youth 13-21yrs. See all the Grand Rapids Pride Center's committees & initiatives and find out how to become more involved and to see who Pride benefits! COMMITTEES & INITIATIVES
How much does it cost to attend Pride Festival?
- General admission is $8.00, which allows guest access to the festival and all scheduled entertainment.
- VIP tickets are $50.00, which allow guest general admission access as well to the VIP Lounge, a complimentary drink and finger food as well as exclusive front stage access to scheduled entertainment.
- Click here to purchase tickets!
How can I find a free ticket to Pride?
- There will be general admission tickets given away for Pride Festival 2018. Beginning in April, community members will be able to sign up for a free ticket to the festival. Those individuals who receive a free ticket will be contacted the week before the festival.
Are there free events in association with Pride?
- We are planning several free events the week leading up to the 2018 Grand Rapids Pride Festival! Check back or click here to visit our festival Facebook page to stay updated on Pride events!
What is the entertainment line-up?
- We're very excited about our entertainment line-up for the 2018 Grand Rapids Pride Festival! Check back or click here to visit our festival Facebook page to stay updated on Pride events!
What is the schedule for the festival?
- The festival will open with the Hand-In-Hand event (11am-noon) at Ab Nab Awen Park at 11:50am. Grand Rapids Mayor Rosalynn Bliss will make her official proclamation and lead participants from the park to Calder Plaza.
- The street fair is open from 12:00pm-9:55pm Saturday, June 16th, 2018.
- Vendors are asked to remain open until at least 6pm, Saturday, however we cannot restrict vendors from closing early if they see fit.
- There will be music playing throughout the day with entertainment scheduled to begin at 5:00pm.
Is there going to be a parade at Pride?
- No. The parade was discontinued in 2014.
- See above to learn more about the 3rd Annual Hand-In-Hand event @Ah Nab Awen Park, Hosted by Dave Watt of Mr. Friendly FREE!
What will the security be like at Pride Festival?
- The Grand Rapids Pride Center is working closely with the Grand Rapids local Police Department and other city officials to ensure that our Pride Festival remains a safe and welcoming atmosphere for the LGBTQ community and our ally community.
- All bags are subject to search upon entry.
- Grand Rapids Pride asks that you do not bring any outside food or beverage with the exception of baby food, baby formula, and unopened water bottles.
- Weapons of any kind will not be permitted.
- No lawn or folding chairs.
- No posters or signs or objects that will obstruct views.
We thank you for your understanding.
Are animals allowed at Pride?
- The city of Grand Rapids has restricted animals from being permitted into Pride Festival with the exception of accredited service and therapy animals.
Can I bring signs to Pride?
- No signs or banner are allowed inside the festival.
Where is Pride located?
- The 2018 Grand Rapids Pride Festival will be held at Calder Plaza in downtown Grand Rapids.
300 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503